loading...

Saturday, March 25, 2017

For Financial Reason, Some of The OFWs Have Become Lenient of The Abuse Made By Their Heartless Employers

I saw that job abuse was flourishing in the company and yet still, I just treated it as normal because I was afraid and I thought if I continue complaining it to my boss, it could be his reason to kick me off from the job. So I just had become too lenient for the abuse to happen because I have no choice added that I have a family waiting in my country for financial supports. So I just continued working with the company with the hope that one day I would wake-up that my employer would keep his promises and as well would grant my other requests but he just ignored them. 


Abuso Na Yan! 
Job abuse is happening not just in our country Philippines but also on foreign lands where million of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and foreigners alike who are working hard with the other immigrant workers coming from the different countries of the world. Most of the time, the abuse is happening in the company between the employers and employees and between employees and employees. This is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately between the two parties. 

And there are Overseas Filipino Workers working on foreign lands (including myself) who are lenient of the abuse made by their heartless employers for reasons that they are afraid that if they complained they would have to face the consequences  like - employers would take it as reason to kick them off from job and send them off back home. So, these overseas workers would just keep silent and continue working even if it is against their wills and it is against to the job specifications specified on the job contract - considering that they have families waiting back home for financial supports. 


I highlighted below some of the job abuses that I had experienced during the four years I worked with the company (boss' name and the company's showroom are withheld) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia such as:
  • My boss failed to create a new work contract for me as what he has promised. 
  • My boss failed to increase my monthly salary as what he has promised. 
  • My boss failed to give my sales commissions as what he has promised. 
  • My boss ignored my request for the funds needed for the company's showroom monthly maintenance and miscellaneous expenses. 
  • My boss company's showroom has no license yet - and I was uncomfortable playing hide and seek with Baladiyah personnel during their raid operation.
  • And my boss failed to hire new employee as per our agreement to assist me. 
What I mentioned above are forms of abuses. And to stop the abuses, I decided to go for good. Now it is already almost five years passed from the time I left Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for Philippines on the night of April 30, 2012 and the only thing that delights my heart now is - I remember Riyadh, Saudi Arabia that it was once my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDSA People Power is no longer the music of Filipinos

Maps of Taal Evacuation Centers

Popular Posts

Bilang Bise Gobernador ng Lalawigan ng Cavite, pinangunahan natin ang pag-akda ng SOGIE Ordinance o mas kilala sa tawag na Anti-Discrimination on LGBT Ordinance. Kasama ang lahat ng Board Members ng Sangguniang Panlalawigan na sumang-ayon sa ordinansang ito. Panahon na para isabatas ang SOGIE Bill sa buong bansa. Ipagtanggol ang karapatan ng mga may piniling kasarian! YES TO SOGIE BILL!