loading...

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Naduterte Mga Opisyal ng Simbahang Katoliko, Mainstream Media, Ibang Netizen at Ibang Senadores na Nagreact sa Sinabi ni Pangulong Duterte na 'God is Stupid'


President Duterte: Your God is not my God because your God is stupid. Mine has a lot of common sense. Itong sinabi ni Pangulong Duterte ay may koneksyon ito kay sister Fox na pumasok sa Pilipinas as missionary pero naki-rally.

Who is this God that Socrates Villegas, Bishop Pablo Virgilio David and some Senators are referring to? Was He the same God whom I used to kneel to pray nang ako ay bata pa at hindi pa magawang magbasa ng Bibliya? A God who was made out of blocks, wood, stone and clay? Nakasulat sa Bible ang pangalawang utos na nagsasabi: Huwag kang sasamba sa mga diyos-diyosan. Pero ang Simbahang Katoliko ipinangangaral na sambahin at luhuran ang mga emahe, rebulto na gawa sa kahoy at semento.

Dahil sa salitang 'God is stupid', na hindi muna pinakinggan ang buong pananalita ni Pangulong Duterte sa kaniyang speech sa Davao on June 22, 2018 at bakit nasabi niya yon at kanino at sino ang pinatatamaan - sinamantala ito ng mga mainstream media at agad ginawan ng kuwento na nag resulta ng iba't ibang reactions.

Sa Rappler alone na sinulat ni Pia Ranada ito ang mababasa: Duterte blasts Bible creation story: 'Who is this stupid God?' As expected, after the outrage of many over President Rodrigo Duterte calling God "stupid", Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the remark ought to be seen as an expression of a personal belief. The President's remarks against God earlier drew negative reactions from various personalities, including Senator Panfilo Lacson, who has supported some of Duterte's advocacies.

Here are the senators reactions: Senator Panfilo Lacson said he hopes God will forgive Duterte, as he will side with God if made to choose between God and the President. Senator Risa Hontiveros said Duterte's statement "is the height of arrogance of power." Senator Sherwin Gatchalian voiced concern for the values taught to children, while Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph Recto said, "May God bless his heart."
While at Facebook, Mr. Robert Alagos posted his reactions based from what he understood from the statement of President Duterte during his speech said I quote "The President was attacking the very preposterous doctrine of original sin. It's very clear, as he even questioned how can a newly born child be a part of the sin he is not aware of. He was asserting that such doctrine, makes God under achiever. He was asking the religion, if who was the stupid god they were referring to. As clearly, it is not the God which the President worships and that is why he even exclaimed, "What kind of religion is that?" That's pretty clear and what is eminent, is we have a very stupid media and critics."
Bishops hit Duterte for calling God stupid
I would go back to my question:
Who is this God that Socrates Villegas, Bishop Pablo Virgilio David and some Senators are Referring to? Nagpaalaala sa akin ito ng isa kong tula na published sa PoemHunter entitled His Blood Most Precious published on August 2, 2008.

I was born as thousand are 
Where God was never known 
Taught to pray a useless prayer 
To blocks, woods and stones. 

I would confess, I am blind 
Could not see the truth 
I am living with lies and illusions! 

But today a peculiar thing happened 
I fainted and I started longing 
for the greatness of redeeming love 
the love of Christ to me! 

So, I started my journey to seek the truth 
I stroke my fingers on the keyboard 
My computer opened the door for me 
I paused, asked myself, should I proceed? 
Or I’d go back and forget it? 

But my curiosity inspired me to go on 
I opened the door, got inside, looked here
and there. I kept walking ‘til I reached the place 
Where the Holy Writ was resting. 

Happiness filled my heart
the treasure was shining brightly 
I shouted with joy my hale
and hearty arms held it up 
I kissed it with compassion and love 
Then I commenced scanning its Holy pages 
And I found these enlightening verses; 

“Take heed what you read and what you hear 
With what measure you mete 
It shall be measured to you 
And unto you that hear shall more be given 
Then go on to know more and more 
Of what that treasure is 
And glorify your God, without end.”

Was He the same God whom I used to kneel to pray? 
Who was made out of blocks, wood, stone and clay? 
Verily I wondered but my doubt did not alter my desire 
Still I read the following text; 

'God created man and female 
In His image and likeness, He created them 
For His love and for the purpose to live with Him 
And that we must give our highest admiration 
And submit to Him, as our only God in return.' 

Consoled I said this is it I am looking for! 
The true God I had long desired
God’s love to His children is lasting 
God is a reasonable One 
And understanding one in nature 
He sent Jesus Christ, His begotten Son 
His Son’s Sprinkling Blood save the world 
And washed out His children’s sins.

He is the living word 
The living water and the living bread 
To feed our hungers, thirsts and longings 
Jesus is the living light and life of the world 
Who could calm us in the hour of buoyant health 
In our hour of pain 
In our poverty or wealth 
In our loss or gain 
Who could soothe us with holy hymn and psalm 
And bid our spirits rest 
That Jesus died for us 
That on the cross He shed His blood 
From sin to set us free.” 
Now, I know, it is not yet too late for me 
to seek His Holy name and live with Him 
with true guidance and pure doctrines 
Through Jesus Christ and His teachings.

Happy indeed I found Him the cleansing fountain 
where I can always flee 
His blood most precious 
the sinners’ perfect plea. 


Sources of ideas and other info:

PoemHunter
Rappler
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDSA People Power is no longer the music of Filipinos

Maps of Taal Evacuation Centers

Popular Posts

Bilang Bise Gobernador ng Lalawigan ng Cavite, pinangunahan natin ang pag-akda ng SOGIE Ordinance o mas kilala sa tawag na Anti-Discrimination on LGBT Ordinance. Kasama ang lahat ng Board Members ng Sangguniang Panlalawigan na sumang-ayon sa ordinansang ito. Panahon na para isabatas ang SOGIE Bill sa buong bansa. Ipagtanggol ang karapatan ng mga may piniling kasarian! YES TO SOGIE BILL!